Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Was in 2 minds whether I should ride this morning. Ate something dodge last night and wasn’t feeling to great when I woke up, but decided to go out and take it easy.

I did take it easy for the first half, turned around to head back and all of a sudden I was putting the hammer down.

Glad I went out, feel so much better now.

d1b696c3a240807a5da9bd607676eac6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

been a bit out of whack (more that regular) the last week. Hectic work pressure, and lots of running around had me not focussing on riding.

Work again on Saturday, but needed to go out, so 5am it was. The cradle loop from home was the plan.

post-24416-0-03372400-1553440436_thumb.jpeg

Riding at this time of the morning, while so dark got me really riled up, it was so unbelievably quiet. Went way harder than I should have, and riding some of the singletrack in the dark was a rush.

Kinda halfway.

post-24416-0-29453300-1553440600_thumb.jpeg

Did the 60kms in just over 3 hours, which was awesome. Except, I still had a site with 3 flights to climb, and a lot of walking.

been a bit out of whack (more that regular) the last week. Hectic work pressure, and lots of running around had me not focussing on riding.....

Been renovating a house ....

Only managed one commute this week, and spent all of the long weekend sweating away at the renovation ....  :wacko:

Finally managed to go do a 8km ride with Maritz by 11 this morning.  He chose the route, and managed 120m elevation in this short ride.  :thumbup:   :thumbup:

Should wrap up the renovation during this week ... really want to be on the bike next weekend ... but we gotta do what we gotta do to pay for our toys.  :whistling:

Where the flip is Alberhoughten?

I like the Johnny Guitar sign..very cool

The larney part of the deeep south bru.

Alberton

Casbah roadhouse is legendary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixed it for you  :whistling:

Into the Groot Karoo - miles from anywhere - sweltering hot late afternoon - and I get dropped by this peleton. Baaa --- 

Haha that's a video you don't see here often at all  :thumbup:

been a bit out of whack (more that regular) the last week. Hectic work pressure, and lots of running around had me not focussing on riding.

Work again on Saturday, but needed to go out, so 5am it was. The cradle loop from home was the plan.

attachicon.gif7DD135FC-BE51-4566-BA68-94366AAD60CB.jpeg

Riding at this time of the morning, while so dark got me really riled up, it was so unbelievably quiet. Went way harder than I should have, and riding some of the singletrack in the dark was a rush.

Kinda halfway.

attachicon.gif98FD9A6D-6DA7-423E-9F59-DBBA5C566217.jpeg

Did the 60kms in just over 3 hours, which was awesome. Except, I still had a site with 3 flights to climb, and a lot of walking.

Whereabouts is the trail in the second pic?

Whereabouts is the trail in the second pic?

It's a little before the entrance to the cradle restaurant, It feels like it's the highest point, because of the view. It's a nice little climb to get there, and it has become a bit of an obligatory photo stop for me.

post-24416-0-64895100-1553491620_thumb.png

Edit: Google maps image from 2010.

Edited by RocknRolla

Into the Groot Karoo - miles from anywhere - sweltering hot late afternoon - and I get dropped by this peleton. Baaa --- 

Apparently there is no catching the GOAT's