Are you guys mad?

pastapouch

Last night, on my way out at 20:30, I was driving on Hendrik Potgieter Rd in Roodepoort, and there were two cyclists cycling, at night, with BLACK CLOTHING... Yes they had lights, but still riding on that road, at night, or any time is just madness. Get an indoor trainer!!!! :thumbdown:

shhhh, they were extras on the new Mission Impossible 4 flic...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you wanna do that for, crazy fool.

Exactly... Anyone that never sees the light of day while training is missing a good few brain cells. I mean surely you become nocturnal, are in bed by 8:30pm and never get to see wonderful programs like desperate housewives and Brothers and Sisters.

I was up at 2.30 this morning. My wife has had it with me.

At least when you do intervals in the dark no-one can see you dribbling on yourself.

Guest agteros

Are you guys advocating white shorts here?

Only if it is glow in the dark white shorts!

• 11 years later...
On 9/1/2011 at 12:11 PM, pastapouch said:

Last night, on my way out at 20:30, I was driving on Hendrik Potgieter Rd in Roodepoort, and there were two cyclists cycling, at night, with BLACK CLOTHING... Yes they had lights, but still riding on that road, at night, or any time is just madness. Get an indoor trainer!!!! :thumbdown:

I really thought this black cycling clothing trend would be done by now. 

I realise it is still fashionable, but it has got to be the easiest way to get into an accident. The amount of people that wear fully black cycling kit is mind boggling.

rapha and the boys pushing it sould be answerable too.

31 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

some reflective strips goes a long way.

definitely. Based on my early morning rides and the ability to spot pedestrians, reflective strips are very helpful.

There is on particular gent I see walking every morning, the only way i see him is the one small reflective strip on the strap of his backpack.

For me, I have 2 of those yellow reflective strips from dischem that go around my ankles. Bright flashing rear light, above that a reflective strip on my saddle bag and then a flash red light on the back of my helmet. Not to mention that even from behind you should be able to see the spread of light from 1000lumens up front.

I might look a bit like a christmas tree, but I'd rather be seen than be dead,

On 9/2/2022 at 4:47 PM, Headshot said:

And how many deaths due to black clothing? Aren't decent lights far more important? 

leave the goths out of it.

On 9/2/2022 at 2:59 PM, Shebeen said:

I really thought this black cycling clothing trend would be done by now. 

I realise it is still fashionable, but it has got to be the easiest way to get into an accident. The amount of people that wear fully black cycling kit is mind boggling.

rapha and the boys pushing it sould be answerable too.

Just putting it out there...........
Black lycra lasts WAY longer than any other color lycra.  Or so I have been told by a manufacturer.

Any truth in this?
It will explain why black is more preferred than color?