[Event] 2018 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Stellenbosch

Events Bot

Then she goes back to varsity to study. Doing a dentist degree if I an not mistaken. Might even be finished by now.

Listened in on the commentary on Saturday and she has finished her Degree, so she doesn't have that distraction any longer.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kate had the best looking kit, other than any lady in white....

Stars & Stripes of the USA National Champ :)

She is also on some elite programme with USA Cycling

Watched on the telly. Fantastic racing.....My biased opinion about Nino is that he is a fair loser. I also believe that you can only win if you know how to lose..

So, you guys who were there, what was it like seeing the Pro's racing live?

Keep a close eye on Mathieu van der Poel during this WC season (Cyclocross phenom and grandson of road legend Raymond Poulidor). He completely annihilated his competitors during the CX season except for one race where he was racing after recovering from flu and the other race was at CX World Champs where he lost to Wout van Aert.

Mathieu van der Poel started in the 5th row this weekend and sprinted up into 5th position after the first lap and finished in 4th. Insane!!

Edit

He's only 23 years old (born 19 January 1995).

Sam Gaze started in 30th position :eek:

Mathieu van der Poel in 47th

p5pb15680348.jpg

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

Keep a close eye on Mathieu van der Pool during this WC season. He completely annihilated his competitors during the CX season except for one race where he was racing after recovering from flu and the other race was at CX World Champs where he lost to Wout van Aert.

Mathieu van der Pool started somewhere near the back this weekend and sprinted up to 15th position after the first lap and worked his way up to 4th when he went over the finish line.

He's only 22 years old (born 19 January 1995).

Agree - he is going to be one to watch this year. With his focus being on mtb he is going to give the big names a tough time!

Watched on the telly. Fantastic racing.....My biased opinion about Nino is that he is a fair loser. I also believe that you can only win if you know how to lose..

It was awesome. My voice is still hoarse from all the screaming.

She has graduated already

Cool. Hopefully this translates into year round results

It was spectacular to see the lines the pro's take down some VERY technical features. They make it look just so insanely simple, yet we all know how far that is removed from the truth.

I feel sorry for Langvads epic partner....

Its Kate Courtney - I'm not sure it will be a match made for a win after Saturday.

Its Kate Courtney - I'm not sure it will be a match made for a win after Saturday.

Epic is a way different race than XC

They will do well. Money is on them for the prologue to start with

How possible is it that this event will be a lasting date on the XC calendar?

Who's in the know?

The initial contract is apparently for two years. So next year should happen unless something changes there. I reckon all parties involved will be looking at this past event before further discussions.

Proper FOMO that I couldn't be there watching this on TV.

Amazing racing all around. I suppose Nino had to throw one race before he got accused ;)