Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

If entries open, I'm in to support. If it gets canned then I know they at least tried.

I have an entry for the PPA race end of Jan. That I don't see happening currently

One big problem with the CTCT is that on a good year they send at least 100 people to the emergency rooms on the day (falls & heart attacks etc). Nevermind that they hog the majority of the province's ambulances & medics for the day (one of the big reasons they are struggling to get their additional Saturday ride idea of the ground).

If the province's medical capacity is still under strain early March there is no way this event is happening. My gut feel is that it's going to be cancelled, I definitely won't enter now if I'm in another province.

100?

Is that official figure or a thumbsuck?

Point taken though

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am generally a (nauseatingly) positive person but I have this inkling that one will not be riding the world Best Ride this coming year :mellow: . Obviously I hope that I'm wrong!

Best for the new year to all Hubbers.

Highly unlikely it will happen on the normal date ....

Maybe a few months later ....

Should take 2 to 3 months, probably longer, to see what effect the meds has in USA & UK ....

Lets hope for some normality to return in the second half of 2021 .... praying it may happen sooner

100?

Is that official figure or a thumbsuck?

Point taken though

From a chat with someone that until recently was closely involved with organising & risk management for the CTCT

The history books will remember 2020/21 as the same year going forward - you read it here first lol. The first ever 24 month calendar year in the history of the Gregorian calendar....

So happy 2020v2.0 later.

And see you at CTCT’21 (in 2022)

Lol

From a chat with someone that until recently was closely involved with organising & risk management for the CTCT

events need medical support ....its a big ask at the moment to have a definite plan...should rearrange towards October or November...

As the days pass and the cases rise my confidence in having the race decreases. I am still training as if it will happen but deep down I don't think it will happen.

I'm with you on this, except for the training...............I'm training like I want to peak in March.............2022.  :blush:  ;)

I'm with you on this, except for the training...............I'm training like I want to peak in March.............2022. :blush: ;)

I'm with you on this, except for the training...............I'm training like I want to peak in March.............2022.  :blush:   ;)

Me too.

I am focusing on nutrition and recovery.  :blush:  :blush:

I'm with you on this, except for the training...............I'm training like I want to peak in March.............2022.  :blush:  ;)

I'm training because my theory is the race will go ahead and all the guys that are usually faster than me will stay at home or lockdown was tough on their fitness so now I will be fit and win the race..................

One can only dream, Right?

I'm training because my theory is the race will go ahead and all the guys that are usually faster than me will stay at home or lockdown was tough on their fitness so now I will be fit and win the race..................

One can only dream, Right?

I’m just itching to test my new found fitness in a race I’ve done before, before life happens and I cut back on the cycling again.

Me too.

I am focusing on nutrition and recovery.  :blush:  :blush:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I know a few guys who do the same

I’m just itching to test my new found fitness in a race I’ve done before, before life happens and I cut back on the cycling again.

Normally when one is feeling fit and strong for CTCT, the south easter blows giving you little chance of improving on anything you've done before. LOL

Normally when one is feeling fit and strong for CTCT, the south easter blows giving you little chance of improving on anything you've done before. LOL

Well considering the amount of times I’ve done it, I’m sure I’ll have a time under similar conditions that I could compare it too.

That is a complete possibility, if you look at the past few years odd number years always have some sort of an issue:

2015: Fires and shortened race

2016: Cracker of a day

2017: Wind and Cancelled race

2018: Cracker of a day

2019: WIND and much pain and suffering

2020: Cracker of a day, depending on when you started as my father in law had to pedal downhill to Camps bay

2021: Who knows, let's hope it breaks the pattern.

Really hope it does go ahead, even if it is just a chilled ride on closed roads.