Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://community.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/road/sa-road-cycling/2021-cape-town-cycle-tour-postponed-r8223

"Dear Friends of the Cape Town Cycle Tour

As always, the safety of all participants and the well-being of the broader community of Cape Town remains our most important priority in the planning and staging of the Cape Town Cycle Tour. With this in mind, the team at the Cape Town Cycle Tour has been closely monitoring the ongoing developments around the ‘second wave’ of the Covid-19 pandemic.

For several months we have been working hand in hand with the authorities and stakeholders around the possibility of hosting a significantly revised version of the Cape Town Cycle Tour in March 2021. Sadly, current circumstances make the hosting of a mass participation event in any format untenable for the immediate future.

The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust has thus taken the decision to postpone the hosting of the 2021 edition of the event to a later date in the year.

We will continue to explore all available options and opportunities that remain open to us in terms of hosting a safe and memorable Cape Town Cycle Tour.

We look forward to bringing you some exciting news in the next few weeks.

Keep cycling, remember to observe all COVID-19 Protocols and be safe.

With warm regards

The Cape Town Cycle Tour Team"

sensible decision...the organizers will find it difficult creating a mass event this year...its not easy for them...

I wonder how busy the route is going to be on 14 March and how the authorities will react.

CTCT usually on the 2nd Sunday of March