Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, patches said:

New bikes... no... bike racks... no... So what then?!

Hooks! Yup, recent purchase was 2 orange hooks to hold the bike carriers when not installed on the car.

RJai-TNhLQYjeiHVvcdcCVDTTbaXnw-yC24wy44dqnAKDjvkAKMlPVIta5yo5DndLRjjoveQPtn1PuTfegK6caeYvc43bcJv0wOCQrqq21UsPoY1jaCAAYopYdQsafaO70BoQIZ-GUNs-VieF83WoSuuA5jt3I2qW6h8ltEUIuWgUUBV_x9ogNxqDshiH5uTRjDzHvgsE8hJt3Mu0oJi7PSTyQDgW_atc8KRY1WG3NVRCfFuEk1uEwnmfWInSpdIwKNMfpBMtfpljGv2yJDCIOnREMndMhMpL5dDRWlceXKrGrBV1a49a9WRjfLvU-M7Lk8zL4oNdtnhIgc4r7XeeCpmYnbFxGsUNwJyWmjZqmaYxx73uQxyAm9NGIUTvBfOafA4rHngOmBg3Vji8w1HYSQcKOXqLAF7Zy0NUptt2aiED25TnSi_ZRSJd6OM5zR6RDTX8AFvdIeckLGVM5k-lqHwJFzWA_qAtLYZZpJe_CYvdcuyBdorvfFbBPFgXwjJwpwhdb9NOfyve3oXuenycCoZersP4HkPORwHY0d25gQb1VebQKrGC9mQgsdOjNNlWFReYUbV9WC8PCB-pIENnz8Zsoc3cJtxhqiVVQHEb-d7Bz5b5BEa0JdN-A4JRPtlNa9cHci4WHM-IjMqe4lvtOaBqImuBYwSzw-5_mRpoWm6_jHS5bRvaEOSp1HWo6mC6ABdjhKPGJ3sDmBcY7WZm53z_Pjz879-EFroei80IYUCsL91KvckXxPLZh8k=w619-h824-no?authuser=0

Cant see you pics.

20 minutes ago, swingTOpeddle said:

Finished our solar installation this week. 
being on three phase it was a mission to get the everything on. Never again will I miss a 5am workout. 

16kW SunSynk Hybrid Inverter 

480kWh battery power

20 x 545 watt panels

16515A08-597D-4E63-9484-90629C558979.jpeg

That is a PROPER system.

Batteries ... possibly 48kW.h ?  

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ouzo said:

I committed a cardinal sin, I purchased an item from Cajees today. 

they were however the cheapest.  

Picked up a pair of D’Arcs Eclipse photochromatics. 

Ticked the boxes,

Photochromatic

bigger than my previous pair

in budget 

image.png.2651979e2794d8c0ce57ec0d07ca21af.png

First ride with them this morning.

1. Face coverage. - I think the perfect amount, big enough to keep the wind out of the eyes in all cycling positions and small enough to allow enough air to cool the face. (I sweat a heck of alot so need as much cooling as possible)

2. Visibility - With no frame visibility out the top is excellent, my eye does however occasionally pick up the bit where it connects to the arms, but that is only under extreme left/right angles.

Also my old Rudy Projects were not optically 100% and would give me additional out of focus vision. I always just accepted this as my eyes are already bad, and the additional did not impare thing to much, but these D'Arcs are optically correct and its great.

3. Fit - The nose piece is not adjustable, but it fits my nose perfectly. Its also slightly spaced away from the lenses which means my sweaty eyebrows dont touch.

The glasses are much lighter than the RPs so I dont even feel them on me.

The arms are however slightly longer, whilst they fit comfortably with my helmet on I do need to put them on a little more carefully.

So far so good. The real test will be wearing them in the heat climbing a mountain.