2020 Cape Epic Cancelled

News bot

But last week 30000 riders rode the CTCT .They could have cancelled the foreign riders and let the saffas ride .

With an extrapolating contagious virus last week could have been like last year... Things are changing daily.. Plus.. There's a big difference between one day and 7 days off people living in close proximity and using the same toilets and showers

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With an extrapolating contagious virus last week could have been like last year... Things are changing daily.. Plus.. There's a big difference between one day and 7 days off people living in close proximity and using the same toilets and showers

And, this is not last week.

Not that I know luckely it was on a downhill. . . Never sow them come back out. . . Was waiting for a lift for a while in the car park . . .

I'm not usually sorry for anyone riding the Epic, pro or hack, they are such a tough lot that they don't need my sympathy, but this time I truly feel for them. It must be a terrible blow after putting in so much effort and time. The money is nothing by comparison to the emotional investment. I hope you all feel better soon (and not get sick, of course).

Listening to the President's announcement it is clear why this event was cancelled. Remember the quote "in consultation with government" now we know how that went down. Just imagine if it was cancelled after the first stage.

51 cases nationwide

5 new cases in Western Cape..

make that 6 and one of those was here for the Epic

Just clarifying, you have knowledge that a confirmed Corona car was going to be riding/attending epic?

Got to wonder if Ironman as a company are going to be able to pull through all of this lost income from all the cancelled events this year. 200 million dollars debt in 2019 and 2020 not going to help them lessen that

Epic used to enjoy a big cash injection the Monday after stage 8 by seeking entries to next year, historically could then pay the suppliers current invoices.

Don't think they will get many entries for 2021 epic right now, could be a huge issue for them if the margins are tight

They could have insurance in case the Government forces them to cancel. It could be tricky seeing that the "ban" on mass events only came into effect last night and they cancelled on Friday.

They could have insurance in case the Government forces them to cancel. It could be tricky seeing that the "ban" on mass events only came into effect last night and they cancelled on Friday.

Any sport or recreational event is guided by the Sport and recreational event act. An event like the Epic will have a command centre consisting of Epic organizers, local authorities, Saps, medical teams , disaster management etc etc. That is ultimately the people that will make the decision based on the current situation within the frame of the Act.

Bumped into a few Epic boys at Tokai on Saturday and yesterday at Bootleggers in Camps. They all seemed in fairly good spirits all thing's considered.

I'm supposed to be doing Sani in May and a France trip in June. Pretty sure both won't be happening.