• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to load shedding I opted for a ride to pass the time...what was going to be a bit of a slow ride for some distance turned into an afternoon of hiding my bike in the veld and going for a walk along a fence line removing a total of 8 snares in various sections...The area is quite isolated so you can imagine what it must be like around the villages etc....Do keep your eyes open..keep a pair of decent wire cutters on you (they use brake/gear cable type wire)..what caught my attention was that the scummy things had moved some rocks and broken off some branches to funnel the animals towards and into the snare....

post-12678-0-90916300-1594653744_thumb.jpg

post-12678-0-62158500-1594653763_thumb.jpg

post-12678-0-32487400-1594653785_thumb.jpg

post-12678-0-55744300-1594653954_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mojoman

Thanks to load shedding I opted for a ride to pass the time...what was going to be a bit of a slow ride for some distance turned into an afternoon of hiding my bike in the veld and going for a walk along a fence line removing a total of 8 snares in various sections...The area is quite isolated so you can imagine what it must be like around the villages etc....Do keep your eyes open..keep a pair of decent wire cutters on you (they use brake/gear cable type wire)..what caught my attention was that the scummy things had moved some rocks and broken off some branches to funnel the animals towards and into the snare....

Unknown.jpg

20200713_134053.jpg

20200713_134041.jpg

20200713_134102.jpg

Not long ago, one of my dads hunting dogs was caught in a snare. Luckily he was close by and he could save the dog.

An afternoon interlude up to the 'pool' at Rietvlei Zoo Farm, hard work getting up but the down after is a blast! cedc1a337b98fda96e09f1ddedde4010.jpg7fa094280fcc16e056cc49f02c844211.jpg212fd3e60b3d6819c6f1d90fb5369449.jpg

No bidon? Damn they did make you guys tough back in the day!

Edited by Patchelicious

I have just handed out notifications for anticipated retrenchment to some staff. Gut-wrenching to know that I will possibly lose a few few good people because of selection criteria used, as well as the attitude from their union.

I have some sectors of Paris-Roubaix lined up on Rouvy, that I will use to rid that gut-wrenching feeling I currently have. It just doesn’t feel right talking about this, but my line director says, “culling the herd is required to ensure the herd stays strong”. So sad.

I have just handed out notifications for anticipated retrenchment to some staff. Gut-wrenching to know that I will possibly lose a few few good people because of selection criteria used, as well as the attitude from their union.

I have some sectors of Paris-Roubaix lined up on Rouvy, that I will use to rid that gut-wrenching feeling I currently have. It just doesn’t feel right talking about this, but my line director says, “culling the herd is required to ensure the herd stays strong”. So sad.

Hang tough Frosty!

Assuming here the criteria has forced you to loose good workers and keep on some not so good workers based on certain criteria?