In loving memory of Tim Brink

DieselnDust

Ex bicycling editor, cape epic marketing manager , cape epic rider ( I think he joined the amabubezi, loving father , husband, serial debater , single speed nutter, 29er advocate, Residence permit champion, ghost pops champion, friend, Bishops graduate ( yes he told everyone close enough to him)

there are many many more words i could use to describe Tim but family man and friend would be the most dear. No mater the publication or the cycling cause Tim had a hand in it or his finger on it. 

he battled the dreaded C resolutely and accepted his fate long before others could. He had more reason to hope for a stay but it was not to be. He prepared all around him for this day and yet even now it is hard to accept..

May the clouds be your trails and the angels your singlespeed Tim

RIP

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for the update Diesel.

Didnt know of his passing.

Know Tim as been around with a few of us since the beginning of Mtb here in WP since the 80’s.

His contribution was huge and will be missed.

I knew he was ill, I knew this was coming, hits a little different when it happens. 

A truly class person, loaded with bad puns and good vibes. I will miss the random catch ups and chance meetings on the trail.

Also appreciated his openness across all the forums about the C. Also only had a short engagement with him, but struck me as a nice individual.

Very sorry about this huge loss to our community. RIP

I only know the name Tim Brink from reading so many cycling magazines back when they were still a thing and I always found his views to be from someone who has a deep love and understanding of cycling regardless of the discipline. 

His loss leaves a void. My condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Tim was part of the Warthogs MTB email group for many years which is how I and several other got to know him. More recently he offered his assistance to get TokaiMTB where it is now. I cannot pretend to have known him very well but what I did know I liked. Condolences to his  family. 😢 

Edited by Headshot

17 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Ex bicycling editor, cape epic marketing manager , cape epic rider ( I think he joined the amabubezi, loving father , husband, serial debater , single speed nutter, 29er advocate, Residence permit champion, ghost pops champion, friend, Bishops graduate ( yes he told everyone close enough to him)

there are many many more words i could use to describe Tim but family man and friend would be the most dear. No mater the publication or the cycling cause Tim had a hand in it or his finger on it. 

he battled the dreaded C resolutely and accepted his fate long before others could. He had more reason to hope for a stay but it was not to be. He prepared all around him for this day and yet even now it is hard to accept..

May the clouds be your trails and the angels your singlespeed Tim

RIP

@DieselnDust I had but one interaction with him and we made our peace. As a cancer survivor I appreciate me surviving my experience. I know you lost a mate, serious condolences.

Only ever saw his name in print and on this forum. Seemed like a solid man with a wealth of experience and knowledge, he had my respect.

A sad loss to Cycling in SA.

What I can add is this:

Tim was an absolute encyclopedia (do the youngsters still know what that was?) of everything related to the Cape Town Cycle Tour and South African Cycling in general. If you wanted to know ANYTHING about the history of the "Argus" you just had to ask Tim.........some whould say he was better at it than Google!

Edited by DJR