Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh.....but the Capetonians are active on here today!  :whistling:

It is winter in the Cape ... and when it "looks like rain" TWO things happen in the Cape :

1) they forget how to drive ...

2) they lock down their homes, hibernate, and come out after winter ... I am sure they even plug out their IDTs from the wall .....

thus way toooooo much Hub time ....

O, did I mention there are two clouds in the sky ....

It is winter in the Cape ... and when it "looks like rain" TWO things happen in the Cape :

1) they forget how to drive ...

2) they lock down their homes, hibernate, and come out after winter ... I am sure they even plug out their IDTs from the wall .....

thus way toooooo much Hub time ....

O, did I mention there are two clouds in the sky ....

It's plenty chilly at the moment up on the West Coast. inside that is. 

On another note. I saw a floating hotel out in the bay on anchor this morning. I thought cruises were cancelled. This one was lit up like a Christmas tree.

Week before I was following three riders.  Two were riding together, with a few meters to the third (given speed and slip stream yada yada ... probably not enough safe distance).  I hung back about 30 meters.

That does have some happy unintended consequences though. I had the same the other day, and hung back and then hit it hard to sweep past the two guys on the outside of the road and maintain enough rhythm to drop them. When I uploaded my data to strava I discovered I had a nice little kom present waiting for me for the effort. (I didn't even know there was segment on that piece of road)

Edited by TNT1

Looking forward to a PM - it will save me an email to them asking why they are ref to this rubbish - it does not do their credibility any good:

comments disabled

Yoh.....but the Capetonians are active on here today!  :whistling:

It's Wednesday.

Those that aren't already winding down for the coming weekend are still enjoying the last one.....

Either way, it's Hub time...

1. I guess so.

2. I'm not willing supporting the abuse of power, so I'll not be doing that.

good luck explaining radius to the local constable too

It's plenty chilly at the moment up on the West Coast. inside that is. 

On another note. I saw a floating hotel out in the bay on anchor this morning. I thought cruises were cancelled. This one was lit up like a Christmas tree.

Apparently they had been waiting to dock for three weeks now. Rather them than me.

According to my strava flybys CT northern suburbs cyclists have already adopted the new distance limits ages ago - no need for us to listen to Cyril tonight 

Oh, me too. The only day I stayed inside the ring o' death was the once I went for a run with the dog and the fiancee.

So when I look at Strava I see a bunch of guys posting their 60km loop far out of the 5km mark with comments like "Nice group side with the xyz Family and abc. The coffee stop was great"

So when I whatsapped him to just say that I don't care what you do, how you do it or where you do it but please dont publicly post it as it jepordise it for everyone when they decide to look at Strava.

The responce I got was "Ja maar almal doen dit"... and to this time the Strava is still up with 40 likes and even comments of "Nice!"

You know what... I have a IDT and it works for me. Let them take it away so those that "Ja maar almal doen dit" can then go sit on their hands again and then they only have themself to blame. Common sense don't seem to be so common after all 

Yeah, I have taken the decision not to ride until they come up with a better solution than the current 5km 6h00 - 9h00 crap. Alot of my mates are riding out of their radiuses but keeping to the curfew - Hopefully common sense prevails soon (maybe wishful thinking)

riding out of their radiuses but keeping to the curfew - Hopefully common sense prevails soon (maybe wishful thinking)

I've been doing that. Although this week, I find myself having fewer and fewer ****s to give and am pushing the curfew. Today I only got back at 9:30. I guess I better get tested for coronachan now. It wakes up at 9, right?