Top Posters In This Topic

Thats something only your wife or pets can answer... lucky for usĀ  :ph34r:

should call the spca - that is some cruel and inhuman $h1t right there

well if the Hub dies there's always this optionĀ 

Ā 

https://www.news24.com/ride24

Ā 

Ā 

Now it's even easier to let your kid ride Shotgun on that mountain bike training ride | Ride24 (news24.com)

Ā 

I got one of these and fitted it to my Canyon Aeroad.Ā 

Ā 

Taking my lightie for a spinĀ  down Sandton DriveĀ tomorrow.

Ā 

I'll report back from Morninside clinic when I get out of the operating theater..... :whistling:Ā  :whistling:

i ride naked on my indoor trainer...is that special kit?Ā  :lol:

Ā 

Ā 

I'd be too nervous about catching things in the chain, but maybe that is just me.... :wacko:

Would deep "cycle" Battery fall under off or on topic?

Ā 

Saw that.

Had my non-engineering brain in a mini twist.Ā  :blink:

Ā 

A Friday morning thought:

Ā 

Maybe an allowance of 1 thread called Ā "The Miscellaneous Thread".

No censorship, warnings ahead, fight forkin' club all week, specially reserved for the drama queens, the emotionally immature and the trolls with their bridges.Ā  :devil:

Ā 

giphy.gif

Edited by 'Dale

I'll just chip in here, being around here for a while. Generally I enjoy certain off the topic of cycling conversations, contribute where I can, and its great to have others that know their stuff as well like in the Aviation, Woodworking, and other topics that come up from time to time. They are generally ego-free and not too many 'manne' like on other local forums.

Ā 

I avoid political + other threads here where way too many 'opinions' are being vented, certainly I have my strong beliefs but, like in life, there is not much point in discussing or debating them with others who exist in a different reality. However I will not accept racism or sexism in any form and will put it down when ever I encounter it.

Ā 

Generally nowadaze I am more a cycling fan than a cyclist so always enjoy the opportunity to view others opinions and input and discuss where relevant on whats happening, but like now when its off season, its the off topic threads that I am engaging in. Doesn't seem to be many CX fans which is a pity since there is some great racing happening this time of the year.

Ā 

I'd say my only gripe is that your system should allow edit of a posting for say 5 mins after posting to fix typos before showing up a post as being edited. Always happens to me,

Edited by kosmonooit

Saw that.

Had my non-engineering brain in a mini twist. :blink:

Ā 

Ā 

Maybe an allowance of 1 thread called "The Miscellaneous Thread".

No censorship, warnings ahead, fight forkin' club all week, specially reserved for the drama queens, the emotionally immature and the trolls with their bridges. :devil:

Ā 

Ā 

Emotionally immature...... wow thatā€™s quite a statement.

Ā 

While you are punting your fantasy thread maybe you could exclude those who lack a sense of humour, I.e suur tiete?

Dunno hey, I just checked I'm on 22k posts on myBB and 26k here. Maybe I should actually do some work.Ā 

Time to start avoiding the cesspit that is mybb for a while.Ā 

You seem to have a fun time getting some of the trolls worked up on that side :)

Goodness, yes. I remember that!Ā 

Ā 

I got into that mailing list in around 2010 or so. Left in around 2015.Ā 

it peaked in about 2007, and held on for a while before gmail really changed things

Ā 

Ā 

but if you are really nostalgic, rapid sports often have old shirts at the expo, go with "burnt orange"

Ā 

edit - joh, they are actually still making them?1!!!

Ā 

https://rapidsport.co.za/Warthogs-orange-mens-unisex-cycle-shirt?path=74_79_82

Edited by Shebeen

Saw that.

Had my non-engineering brain in a mini twist.Ā  :blink:

Ā 

Ā 

Maybe an allowance of 1 thread called Ā "The Miscellaneous Thread".

No censorship, warnings ahead, fight forkin' club all week, specially reserved for the drama queens, the emotionally immature and the trolls with their bridges.Ā  :devil:

Ā 

giphy.gif

Ā 

Ā 

a "don't be lekker, be a p()3s" thread?

I haven't followed this thread and don't know if it is either too late or merely inappropriate to make a rational suggestion.

Ā 

The military (not just in SA) have a rule for officer's clubs; no discussion on religion, politics or sex.Ā 

Ā 

The first two were typically respected, the third less so, but it has servedĀ  the institutions well in avoiding unnecessary conflict within a unit.

Ā 

Let us talk nonsense on all topics with the exception of those that are bound to give rise to existential conflict.

Time to start avoiding the cesspit that is mybb for a while.

You seem to have a fun time getting some of the trolls worked up on that side :)

What TNT's nick on Mybb?