• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

All da way to Cape Point with Beattbox - trying to get maximum value for our activity cards. It was further than I remembered, but shorter than it felt when I looked at the odo. Winter laziness :blush: The picture came out so badly that I decided to edit it to death and make an artwork out of it.

Still need to give cape point a go. No one I ride with seem keen though. Last weekend was my first time on a road bike in about 2 years. Managed about a 40km very tiring ride from Cape Town to Llandudno and back.

Still need to give cape point a go. No one I ride with seem keen though. Last weekend was my first time on a road bike in about 2 years. Managed about a 40km very tiring ride from Cape Town to Llandudno and back.

take your activity card. Park at the gate. 25km to the point & back. Easy. Just pick a good weather day.

take your activity card. Park at the gate. 25km to the point & back. Easy. Just pick a good weather day.

They are currently working on the main road about halfway into the reserve and there is an idiotic stop-go part. So, if you do a relaxed spin like we did, then it is not an issue, but if you are in serious training mood, then avoid it until they finish it.

Love the new bike lane too.

Why there are still some idiots who chose to cycle in the road is beyond me. Probably the subject of a different discussion.

some people are too cool for cycle lanes.

We may have pretty 'fair' weather on the Highveld in winter but it can look rather drab out.

Some scorched earth into the wind riding at the Fast One on Sunday ....03aa22981dce9451b454832d986ee356.jpg

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Nice pic! That wind made the 300m elevation feel like 1300m elevation in some places. I think the 70km guys skipped it, but us 40km guys got to pedal through a burnt, flooded mielie field marsh. It was like tar.

An aweGUST windy ride (121km), probably something the WP okes call a breeze. Hard work, but trumps staying in bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk