My wife hates my cycling

W@nna-BE

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mine agrees with this...it takes the edge off so she gives me that time to leave it all out on the road/trails...and i do use it as self reflection time, why i have zero issues riding on my own for hours. When i get moerig she sommer tells me to go ride my bike :lol:

ditto but.....

I see some okes wives just feel they need to be in control all the time and take it to another level. No one needs that kind of pooh in their life. Marry a strong independent woman.

Dad's raise strong independent girls and boys. Better chance of them finding like minded people and not dependents.

My girlfriend doesn't ride, wants to though but the finances needed to start riding is blocking her way, she also finds cars, rocks and the possibility of getting hurt extremely intimidating.

She mostly gets jealous/sad of not being able to experience the things that I always talk about so I made a point of arranging to meet her at nice coffee shops and taking some pictures with her at these places. I also constantly ask for her opinion regarding bicycle parts (color of grips etc.) just to try and include her.

I also figured out that I constantly talk about these magnificent places where I ride my bike and she has absolutely no way of relating to it. I decided to try and make it relevant to her by going on walks/hikes at these places. That way I don't talk about "that one waterfall that I rode past" but instead I talk about "that one waterfall where we dipped our feet in the water on the hike"

So, she doesn't have a problem with me riding because it doesn't result in me neglecting the relationship

Bought my wife a gravel bike, not sure if she likes it, I keep dropping her.

I had the funniest mental picture of a new female bike rider, white tekkies, helmet tilted too far back, retired gym outfit on, nervously twitching up a hill at 50rpm and a Savage-clad roadie blasting away from her shouting "HAMMER HAMMER HAMMER!"

Met my wife whilst I was hot and sweaty and dressed in lycra after a race, she obviously did not mind what she saw.

We even took bikes with us on honeymoon.

Since I've started increasing the amount I ride she is enjoy the changes to my body, both visually and otherwise. WIN WIN 

I do try and get out on the road early in the morning so that I have more of the day left to be with the family though.

I had the funniest mental picture of a new female bike rider, white tekkies, helmet tilted too far back, retired gym outfit on, nervously twitching up a hill at 50rpm and a Savage-clad roadie blasting away from her shouting "HAMMER HAMMER HAMMER!"

whahahaha

hey Hubbers

anyone have the same issue as me!

my wife hates my cycling! she is always complaining when i want to ride and its really impacting on my training!

she has actually made me feel guilty for wanting to ride!

guess i am going to have to start do the 4;30am rides story sad.png

I have a different problem. My wife wants to drag me with her for a cycle every weekend. Consequently my other hobbies and sports are taking a beating. Don't even ask about gardening and general home upkeep. It's a mess around here.

Edited by Moridin

Met my current partner late in life, we both other side of 50 now, been together 4 years. But yes, when I met her she’d never done open-water swimming, multi-day hikes(carrying your own backpack), or cycling, etc.

But she’s fiercely competitive and suffers from ‘fomo’ easily. :D

So, I sign us up, and after the initial resistance, she agrees regardless … we’ve had many tears while doing various challenges … … but although the tears roll she refuses to give up.

Since then she’s joined me in doing triathlon’s, open water swims, mtb, road, even as partner in the Cape Torpedo swim/run …… sometimes protesting more than other times but sharing real suffering has done a lot for our relationship.  ;)

Pretty much exactly that, she now has started to wear bib shorts now though. 

Met my current partner late in life, we both other side of 50 now, been together 4 years. But yes, when I met her she’d never done open-water swimming, multi-day hikes(carrying your own backpack), or cycling, etc.

But she’s fiercely competitive and suffers from ‘fomo’ easily. :D

So, I sign us up, and after the initial resistance, she agrees regardless … we’ve had many tears while doing various challenges … … but although the tears roll she refuses to give up.

Since then she’s joined me in doing triathlon’s, open water swims, mtb, road, even as partner in the Cape Torpedo swim/run …… sometimes protesting more than other times but sharing real suffering has done a lot for our relationship.  ;)

Sounds very much like a classic case of Stockholm syndrome  :ph34r:  :whistling:

"My biggest saving grace is that i cycled before i met her. When i met her i stopped cycling for a year. I became overweight and exteremly grumpy. She told me i had to start cycling again and i use that against her every time she tries to give me attitude."

Amen, If I dont cycle for a week I become grumpy and fortunately my wife knows what will fix that so I get kicked out the door with my bike

Haven't ridden my bike since lock down started. Then when trails opened. It was too late for me. I was already so lazy and demotivated. What started off as legitimate work related stress just became silly excuses eventually. And so. Over the last couple weeks the wife has been on my ass. Like legit pestering me. Why don't you go ride? Why don't you go surf? Dammit woman leave me alone.